For competitors to participate in complete safety there will be road closures on the cycle course route. Various roads within the vicinity of Whitford Nodes and Mullaloo Beach will be closed and detours in place on Sunday 17 March 2019 during the event. Road closures will take place between 6am and 10:30am on Sunday 17th March 2019. These road closures will affect the following roads.
· Whitfords Avenue, between Northshore Drive and north of Angove Drive
· Northshore Drive, between Mullaloo Drive and Whitfords Avenue
· Oceanside Promenade, between Ocean Reef Road and Mullaloo Drive
· Ocean Reef Road, south of Ocean Reef Boat Harbour entrance road and Oceanside Promenade
Note - Thee road closures will also restrict access to the beach front car parks north of Whitford Nodes entrance to North Mullaloo between 6am and 10:30am. The following locations will remain accessible during this period:
· Whitford Nodes with access from Whitfords Avenue south.
· The Ocean Reef Boat Harbour from Hodges Drive.
· The main Mullaloo beach car park (Tom Simpson Park) via Iluka Avenue
For residents on Oceanside Promenade, between Ocean Reef Road and Mullaloo Drive, the following arrangements are in place:
- Should residents need to leave their property they may exit with caution to the south, as cyclists will be travelling south to north and then returning north to south along Oceanside Promenade
- Residents will need to travel in the left lane to do this, in the same direction as cyclists and take the nearest exit as directed by traffic managers.
For residents of Merrifield Place, the following arrangements are in place:
· Residents will be able to exit before 7am by heading north on Northshore Drive and exit at Mullaloo Drive.
· Should residents need to leave their property through any emergency, please exit with caution to the south (towards Hillarys) only when directed by traffic managers) as cyclists will be travelling south to north and then returning north to south along Oceanside Promenade and Northshore Drive. Residents will need to travel in the left lane to do this, in the same direction as cyclists and take the nearest exit at Northshore Avenue as directed by traffic managers.
Whilst access to your residence is unrestricted, the cooperation of all residents affected by the road closures is sought to only use the roads for emergency travel during these times.
The road closures will also restrict access to the beach front car parks from Whitford Nodes to North Mullaloo between 6am and 10:30am.
The main Mullaloo Beach car park will not be closed. Parking will be available during the race period (between 6am and 10:30am) on Sunday 19th March via controlled access via Iluka Avenue.
Entrance to the Ocean reef Boat Harbour will remain open throughout the event from the North via Hodges Drive.
If you have any questions or require any additional information about the event and proposed road closures please contact Race Management on 9300 1190 or info@ mullalootri.com.au. An event Hotline will be also be attended at all times during the event and will be available closer to race date.